- 4 skinless chicken breast fillets
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried tarragon, or 1½ teaspoon fresh, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180°/gas 4.
- Place the chicken breasts in a glass baking dish.
- Heat the butter and oil together in frying pan and sauté the onions until golden.
- Add the garlic and tarragon and place on top of the chicken.
- Swirl the wine in the frying pan and add the mascarpone cheese.
- Allow the cheese to melt (about 30 seconds), stir well to combine the flavours and spoon over the chicken.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour.